Ukraine: Projects implementation within the framework of energy and climate policy - project management2020-12-04
On December 4, from 10:00 to 13:00, an online event was held on the topic of project management at the community level with the support of the Covenant of Mayors National Coordinator - Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine.
The focus was on the following issues:
- main barriers to attract external financing at both the national and local levels;
- project implementation teams: practices and recommendations for improvement;
- opportunities for cooperation with IFIs.
The online event was joined by:
- Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine:
- Vasyl Lozynskyi, First Deputy Minister of Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine;
- Dmytro Petrunin, General Director of the Energy Efficiency Directorate of Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine.
- Representatives of IFIs and institutions that provide technical support:
- Krzysztof Gierulski, Ukraine Support Group, European Commission;
- Olha Borodankova, Energy Efficiency Sector Leader, EU Delegation;
- Jan Waanders, Head of the EU Program "Covenant of Mayors - Demonstration Projects";
- Ima Khrenova-Shymkina, Deputy Director of the Project "Energy Efficiency Promotion in Ukraine and Implementation of the EU Directive on Energy Efficiency";
- Yuliia Shevchuk, Senior Advisor, NEFCO in Ukraine;
- Serhiy Chernov, Head of the Kharkiv Regional Council;
- Vitaliy Shmeryha, Senior Coordinator of the KfW project in Kyiv;
- Representatives of the World Bank, EBRD, EIB.
- Some of the best city managers in Ukraine:
- Myrhorod: Serhiy Shvaika, Deputy Mayor;
- Zhytomyr: Svitlana Olshanska, Deputy Mayor;
- Slavutych: Yuriy Fomichev, Mayor;
- Ternopil: Vladyslav Stemkovskyi, Deputy Mayor, Head of the NGO "City Managers of Ukraine";
- Kremenchuk: Volodymyr Pelypenko, First Deputy Mayor.
- Project managers:
- Sumy: Kateryna Havrylova;
- Ukrainka: Olha Levshunova;
- Chernivtsi: Mariia Porchuk.
- CoM Supporters:
- Association "Energy Efficient Cities of Ukraine";
- Association of Ukrainian cities;
- Association of Amalgamated Territorial Communities.
Please follow the link to watch the video.