Georgia: Funding Opportunities for SE(C)APs2020-12-28 - 2020-12-30
On December 30 a 3-day Virtual Workshop on CoM Policy and Funding Opportunities of Sustainable Energy Projects within SE(C)APs has been completed.
Representatives of the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture of Georgia and the European Union's Climate Change Program (#EU4Climate), international donor organizations, introduced to the municipalities specialists the programs and projects which contribute to the implementation of the commitments under the Covenant of Mayors.
The workshop combined both theoretical part and practical exercises in groups. The covered issues included:
- Introduction of International Financing Opportunities of Sustainable Projects for Georgian Municipalities under GCF / GIZ project on forest management sustainable;
- EBRD Green Cities: Integrated Sustainable Transport for municipalities;
- Financial Possibilities for Georgian Municipalities within EU for Climate Programme;
- The national roadmap for removing the barriers and fostering the drivers of SEAP/SECAP implementation in Georgia focus on access to finance of SECAP measures;
- Georgia’s Integrated Transparency Framework for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement (ITF) - Financing and supporting of CoM municipalities in the development of SECAPs;
- Introduction of International Financing Opportunities of Sustainable Projects for Georgian Municipalities;
- Good practices on investment measures (EE and RE) in CoM Georgian Municipalities.