Armenia: Country-specific training #7 on “Development of community-specific local adaptation strategies for the CoM signatories in Armenia”2021-04-06
On April 6 a country-specific training #7 on “Development of community-specific local adaptation strategies for the CoM signatories in Armenia” is being held for the singnatories of the EC project ''Covenant of Mayors - East''.
The number of the Armenian communities joining the new Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy is growing, reaching 17 as of February 2021.
Along with calculation of Baseline Emission Inventory (BEI) and development of mitigation measures, the new signatories with CoM 2030 commitments are committed to assess climatic risks and vulnerabilities (RVA) and identify the most cost-effective and specific adaptation measures to be integrated in the corresponding section of their SECAPs.
The capacity building training is aimed to address this gap by:
- updating the target signatories on global and local aspects of climate change, climatic risks and adaptation;
- presenting the ongoing and planned adaptation initiatives in Armenia;
- introducing the methodology for self-assessment and prioritization of community-specific climatic hazards;
- providing an overview of key adaptation measures that can be implemented by CoM signatories;
- introducing the local experience in implementation of the adaptation projects;
- organizing a practical session (exercise) to help the signatories to conduct self-assessment of community-specific climatic risks and vulnerabilities and to identify corresponding adaptation measures.