On 26 – 30 June, 2022, in Katowice (Poland), the 11th World Urban Forum – the conference devoted to urbanization and its influence on cities, economy, climate changes and policies – took place30/06/2022
The team experts of CoM - East project from Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine, together with representatives of municipalities of several towns and cities of these countries, namely, Dedoplistskaro and Poti (Georgia), Sireti and Ialoveni (Moldova), Baryshivka, Bucha, Irpin, Mykolaiv and Rivne (Ukraine), were active participants of the World Urban Forum in Katowice, Poland, and also had a study visit to a Polish city of Cieszyn by the invitation of partners from this city. It was an extremely valuable, intensive and fruitful time of exchange of experience.
During this study tour, representatives of the municipality of Cieszyn and the Association of Municipalities of Polish Network "Energie Cites" shared their experience and demonstrated the best practices in energy and climate adaptation. Thus, the CoM- East delegation learned about the following:
- Implementation of climate adaptation projects, such as reconstruction of the sewerage system and the introduction of blue infrastructure (revitalization of water canals in old city);
- Building green zones and parks in the city;
- Use of green energy through the installation of PV parks;
- Energy Management for public infrastructure;
- Sustainable urban mobility through the reconstruction of the railway network and extension of bus network.
It was an extremely valuable, intensive and fruitful time of exchange of experience both for the CoM - EastIt was an extremely valuable, intensive and fruitful time of exchange of experience both for the CoM - Eastproject’s team experts and representatives of municipalities from Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.